13511Re: PDT to be available in ebook format

    Jun 12, 2013
      Chad

      Hey, thanks for the response. More soul searching though. Hell, it ran for 13 years. I guess there was a reason I let it sit, primarily I think was the direction all this is now headed, which has nothing to do with the intention of the book.

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Chad Pastotnik <chad@...> wrote:

      > Ha! That is going way back!
      >
      > I'm glad though that your effort will make it to paper, especially after the amount of work that has gone into such a resource. Yes, I can access many specimen books and treatises on printing and binding online but if I have a paper copy that's the first place I look.
      >

      > ________________________
      > Chad Pastotnik
      > Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
      > website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com
      > blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/
      >
      > On Jun 9, 2013, at 5:50 AM, Gerald Lange <Bieler@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Hey Chad
      > >
      > > Going way back there for this one. Yup. Initially I thought just let it go out of print. Then I thought why not just do the e-book thing, and not have to worry about it anymore.
      > >
      > > The more time I spent on that, formatting and re-formatting, working out the logistics, I began to realize, ya know, this is what is wrong. Especially to the buyer (if the hardware or software changes, there are problems) and I do not inherently trust the internet nor any of the folks working it. Sort of a relief to let that go actually. Plus, hey, I like real books.
      > >
      > > So, the fifth (maybe I should take that) edition will be issued in print mode (ya know, paper, ink, binding thread). Might take a bit though.
      > >
      > > Gerald
      > >
      > > http://bielerpressxi.blogspot.com/2006/07/printing-digital-type-on-hand-operated.html
      > >

      > > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Chad Pastotnik <chad@> wrote:
      > >>
      > >> Ouch.