13509RE: [PPLetterpress] PDT to be available in ebook format

  • Michael Phillips
    Jun 9, 2013
      thanks Chad, yes we will share

      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      From: chad@...
      Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 20:45:12 -0400
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] PDT to be available in ebook format

      Ha! That is going way back!

      I'm glad though that your effort will make it to paper, especially after the amount of work that has gone into such a resource. Yes, I can access many specimen books and treatises on printing and binding online but if I have a paper copy that's the first place I look.

      ________________________
      Chad Pastotnik
      Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
      website: http://www.deepwoodpress.com
      blog: http://deepwoodpress.wordpress.com/

      On Jun 9, 2013, at 5:50 AM, Gerald Lange <Bieler@...> wrote:

      > Hey Chad
      >
      > Going way back there for this one. Yup. Initially I thought just let it go out of print. Then I thought why not just do the e-book thing, and not have to worry about it anymore.
      >
      > The more time I spent on that, formatting and re-formatting, working out the logistics, I began to realize, ya know, this is what is wrong. Especially to the buyer (if the hardware or software changes, there are problems) and I do not inherently trust the internet nor any of the folks working it. Sort of a relief to let that go actually. Plus, hey, I like real books.
      >
      > So, the fifth (maybe I should take that) edition will be issued in print mode (ya know, paper, ink, binding thread). Might take a bit though.
      >
      > Gerald
      >
      > http://bielerpressxi.blogspot.com/2006/07/printing-digital-type-on-hand-operated.html
      >

      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Chad Pastotnik <chad@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Ouch.

      >> Chad Pastotnik
      >> Deep Wood Press 231.587.0506
      >> http://www.deepwoodpress.com
      >>
      >> On Sep 28, 2011, at 8:49 PM, Gerald Lange wrote:
      >>
      >>> The fifth edition of Printing digital type on the hand-operated flatbed cylinder press will be available in ebook format only. Expected release is later this year.
      >>>
      >>> For further details as they progress go here:
      >>>
      >>> http://letterpressmonamour.blogspot.com/2011/08/pdt-ebook.html
      >>>
      >>> Gerald

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic