13491Re: [PPLetterpress] Hello, Plate maker etc!

  • Scott Rubel
    May 5 4:16 PM
      I did have good experiences with Freightquote a few times until they did this to me. What they did was quote me a commercial price and then charge me residential after the item had been delivered. I understand that this was probably carrier's fault originally, but it was Freightquote that should have stuck to their price.

      When I checked on the address, there was no reason for it to be classified residential, even though it was technically in a residential district. There was a loading dock and forklift and room for the truck. No extra hassle for the carrier. On my end it was commercial as well.

      When I tried to get refunded they would not budge. If there was something in the contract I signed that said the price could possibly go up $150, I could not find it, and they could not point it out.

      Even though $150 was a big deal to me, it's amazing how little a repeat customer can be worth to a company.

      So, Freightquote may be great most of the time, but they won't stand behind their quotes when they make a mistake. As rare as an error may be, that is just bad behavior for any kind of company.

      --Scott

      On May 5, 2013, at 3:40 PM, Fritz Klinke wrote:

      My experience with Freightquote.com is just the opposite. I have had excellent service from them. Often the problem is with the carrier and not the broker, as Freightquote does not operate the actual equipment but merely books the services as needed with various freight carriers.

      Fritz

      Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 1:25 PM
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Hello, Plate maker etc!

      This sounds like a good option.

      Stay away from Freightquote.com. Years ago they ripped me off by charging $150 over what they quoted and I could never get them to pay me back.

      --Scott

      On May 4, 2013, at 6:12 AM, Sandra Youngblood wrote:

      Dear Taylor,

      When I bought my C&P Pilot from eBay, the seller was in Colorado and I needed it freighted to TX.  I did on line research and found this website: http://www.uship.com/find.  I posted the Pilot's dimensions, weight, pickup and delivery info, packing specifics (needed crating, etc.) and put it up for bid.  You can check the bidder's feedback and determine the best price accordingly.  My UShip transaction went flawlessly; the transporter kept in touch with me via cell phone every step. Definitely worth a shot.

      Best of luck to you.

      Sandra

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic