13437Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Uneven ink on plate

  • Harold Kyle
    Apr 16, 2013
      I agree that you might have photopolymer deposit on the surface. After washout, you should hose down the plate with tap water. Then, absorb the water on surface of the plate (for which we sell a sponge roller, which might overkill) before setting the plate flat to dry. Are you currently doing something like this?

      Hope this helps
      Harold

      On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:56 PM, hersomwally <cwhersom@...> wrote:

      When I say uneven I don't mean the surface height is uneven- it's more like the ink is sticking to the surface in an uneven manner.

      Ed- I think you might be onto something with the polymer residue being left behind. in the photo the pattern looks kind of like water rivulets on the surface.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Ed Inman <edinman@...> wrote:

      > Uneven ink is usually caused by roller height problems or impression adjustment, but if the plate surface itself is uneven possibly some of the unexposed photopolymer was not fully washed away and made its way to the exposed polymer surface, leaving behind a residue that hardened in post-exposure. Best remedy I could propose would be to extend the processing time. Anybody else got a guess? --Ed

      Boxcar Press
      509 W. Fayette St. #135
      Syracuse, NY  13204
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic