    Feb 1, 2013
      I think $50 a month is a flippin steal.  I would sign up for sure at that rate but living up here in the great white north it's just too far.   Are you willing to offer some instructional assistance as part of this fee(i'd actual insist that you charge extra for that)  Do you teach classes? Maybe that would generate some interest and awareness of the fantastic deal you're offering.  Short of that I don't know what to suggest other than a ton of people in your area need a kick in the ass.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 2013-02-01, at 3:35 PM, Steve Robison <robisonsteve@...> wrote:

      OK. Give me some on-list feedback.

      I'm trying to start this reasonably priced "Community Print Center" in Burlingame, California (about 15 miles south of San Francisco) for those who don't have a working letterpress shop/studio of their own, or for those who have their own shop/studios but from time to time might need larger equipment to complete special projects.

      I think $50per month is an extremely reasonable amount for a brand new, fully outfitted shop with several platen presses, a Vandercook proof press, lots of type, instructional programs, guest letterpress artists, art exhibit space, 24 hour 7 day a week access, neighboring studios and an art community for collaboration and inspiration, etc.

      I'm modeling it after "Em Space" in Portland, Oregon which has been wildly successful.

      But so far I haven't had enough people sign up to make it a reality.

      So what am I missing? What would make it a place you would want to go to for your letterpress wants and needs?

      Let's have a little online dialog...

      Let the suggestions and fantasies roll...

      I want to create something that letterpress enthusiasts will be so excited about we'll have people lining up for it...

      Thanks in advance for your creative thoughts.

      --Steve

      Steve Robison

      -- this message was sent by monks from the 14th century who calligraphically scribed each letter prior to the invention of moveable type

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic