13378Re: [PPLetterpress] exposure time/worn out bulbs?

    Jan 27, 2013
      Wally

      Do a Google search with the terms bulbs and TL44d25/09n. There are a
      number of suppliers.

      If your bulbs have a grayish-brown look to both ends, they are likely on
      the wane. But that would indicate that the electrics, especially the
      ballasts are okay. If very dark on one end, not so good.

      Did you check to make sure all the bulbs come on at once? or if there is
      some staggering problem? You might want to redo the ballasts as well.
      The Rocket 5 is an incredible ballast (and fairly low priced) though you
      might be in for a major rewiring job.

      A long time ago, very early on, I think Harold Kyle mentioned that
      Boxcar was supplying parts for Polimeros. Not sure if that is any longer
      the case.

      Gerald

      On 1/27/13 4:20 PM, hersomwally wrote:
      > I've finally gotten around to trying our Polimero A4 machine and I've got my first (of many i'm sure) question.
      >
      > I'm using 152sb plates and the info from boxcar says to expose for 2:30-4:00 minutes for a 17-18 on the 21 step scale.
      >
      > 4 minutes only got me to 13 on the scale, so I cranked it up to 7 minutes and it still only got it up to 16 on the scale.
      >
      > Is this normal for my machine or does this mean my bulbs are worn out?
      >
      > The bulbs in the machine are tl44d25/09n which is a t8 20watt 18 inch. I can't seem to locate any replacements in the US. any idea where to look? (I can't find it on atlanta light bulbs' site).
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Wally

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic