13298Re: Cleaning the washout unit

    Nov 28, 2012
      Joel

      I'll be up all night here on a project so no problem. I suspect the horsehair brushes do out last the synthetics (by a long shot from what I hear). Though they are likely far more expensive. My original brush lasted 12 years before total collapse (sort of a one-horse shay type of incident). I replaced the second brush after four years, not because it needed it but I undertook a complete reconditioning of my platemaker this past winter over the holidays and thought a back up brush wouldn't be a bad idea. So I installed new brushes and boxed up the other, just in case. I love my "new machine." Right on the money, every day.

      Gerald