13283Re: Cleaning the washout unit

  • 舜
    Nov 15, 2012
      I also have inquiries on the cleaning procedures. I bought a Chinese plate maker that comes with a sloppy manual. After draining all those slimy liquid, I pour in another batch of water, then I use my hand to lightly scrub the brushes, then I drain all the water again. The brushes are then leave to dry. I somehow have the fear that if I leave the brushes to dry the brushes would be hardened. They feel so soft and harmless under water, yet they feel a very little bit of bristle when about to dry.

      Perhaps it's just newbie paranoia. But shall i increase the water batches (around 5 liter per batch) that is used to clean the brushes?
      or shall I apply detergents like vinegar in hot water?

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Peter Bruce <pcpete100@...> wrote:

      > I agree with Gerald, we clean out every day - it stops build up around the machine in general which can be difficult to get rid of. We wash out the brushes everyday too and leave them to dry. Keeps the machine healthy and good washout for plates.

    • Show all 24 messages in this topic