13281Re: SPAM attack yesterday!!!!

  • PPLetterpress-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Nov 12, 2012
      We have recently received a number of SPAM messages. Most have been deleted before they went public. Please DO NOT reply to these "take a look at this link" type of messages, they invariably attempt to transfer a virus.

      Yvon. Older desktop Macs are not effected but mobile devices of any manufacture might be. Apple has its own virus protection software that is ON by default (and can only be turned off through Terminal), but that might not be applicable in all cases.

      Gerald

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Yvon" <print14@...> wrote:

      > Buy a MAC and be rid of your problems for good
      >

      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, Lance Williams <lwwill7999@> wrote:
      > >
      > > (Posted this to LETPRESS yesterday from my smartphone, but I did not
      > > have these other addresses there, and forgot last night from my laptop
      > > (not the one that caused the spam issue!).
      > >
      > > Apologies to all my friends who got smothered with spam from my email
      > > account today.
      > >
      > > I am assuming the issue arose from my use of an old laptop a couple days
      > > ago. I did not realize the security software had expired leaving me
      > > open to attack until I had been working for an hour or so....
      > >
      > > Apparently, the Spammer got the password to my Earthlink account,
      > > accessed my webmail and went to town.
      > >
      > > I have since changed my password and deleted the entire online address
      > > book Earthlink had created. (currently unused)
      > >
      > > Hopefully the issue is taken care of...
      > >
      > > - Lance Williams
      > > Williams Stationery Co.
      > > Camden, New York