13248Cleaning the washout unit

  • author50401
    Sep 11, 2012
      When I had a visit from a Jet tech rep many years ago, he suggested that I leave clean water covering the brushes in my unit when it is sitting idle. The brushes have remained quite supple and soft.

      One question I would like to pose to the group is how often do folks clean their washout units, weekly, monthly or what. When I am processing a good batch of plates I find the water builds up in unexposed polymer and can become a bit, shall we say, "slimy". When it gets to that point, I routinely dump and refill. I also do that if I know the unit will be idle for a time. I just wondered if I am doing the best in maintenance for it, and how often I should be doing a more thorough cleaning.
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic