13180Re: [PPLetterpress] Polymer Plates anyone?

  • TJ Strandberg
    Aug 15, 2012
      Really?! I think you're a lot busier than I am, though, so I'm not sure if it would make sense. Was it hard to learn how to use? And aren't the supplies expensive?

      I'm starting to do some digital stuff so I can outsource it. We're gonna start making babies right after the wedding :) , so I'm looking to be able to outsource the printing.

      On Aug 15, 2012, at 3:31 PM, Amber Ellis-Seguine wrote:

      Get a platemaker!!! I was making less plates than that and I have not only saved a ton of money the time I've save in turnaround has been worth it's weight in gold. ;) the only tough thing for me was locating a platemaker in my area. Better to start looking now then you have choice.

      Good luck.

      P.S. crunch the numbers and you'll be floored at the savings.

      On Aug 15, 2012, at 10:00 AM, nohogallery@... wrote:

      Can we possibly move on and discuss printing with polymer plates?

      When and at what volume did any of you choose to move plate making in-house?

      We order between $200 and $1500 per month in polymer plates from outside vendors.  We have the space and the plumbing.

      Any thoughts?

      Thanks,

      Bill Muller
      Big Wheel Press