13058Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Accuset setup

  • Mª Dolores Jiménez Mondragón
    Apr 16, 2012

      Thank you Gerald, I know it, but I don't know if the imagesetter, with the RIP setup for right reading (image is filmed as it is sended to the RIP), is going to film RREU... I think that it depends on the way film is loaded, may be?, or the way the film is procesed in the imagesetter insides...

      Thank you again,

      Lola

      El 16/04/2012 05:43, "Gerald Lange" <Bieler@...> escribió:

      Lola

      If you are preparing film negatives for photopolymer plates, you need to have the negs RREU. Right Reading Emulsion Side Up. The neg should read correctly on the dull (emulsion) side.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "tinglado_letterpress" <doloresj3@...> wrote:

      > Dear list members,
      >
      > I would like to film several jobs (my first try) with an old Accuset (a lovely present from a friend), and I don't know exactly how to setup the job.
      >
      > I want to process photopolymer for letterpress, so I would like to get WRED (wrong reading emulsion down) negatives (am I right), but:
      >
      > What is the best way to obtain them?
      >
      > I design art with my favorite app (Ilustrator, Gimp, InkScape, ...). Obtain a 2.0 PS file. This file is right reading positive.
      >
      > But, what is better?
      >
      > 1) Configure accuset for printing Wrong Reading and Negative or
      >
      > 2) Send job from print setup dialog with Wrong reading / negative options selected.
      >
      > Thank you in advance an regards,
      >
      > Lola

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic