13056Re: [PPLetterpress] Accuset setup

  • matthew lamoureux
    Apr 15, 2012
      Yes you want negatives, what setting you use all depends on how the front end or imagesetter is configured. Peter is right as well, I just couldn't recall it earlier but knew it didn't sound right. It is RRED and RREU, this is how film is referred to. RREU and WRED are the same setting and can cause an expensive confusion. For this reason emulsion is always referred to when Right Reading the film.

      From: Mª Dolores Jiménez Mondragón <doloresj3@...>;
      To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Accuset setup
      Sent: Sun, Apr 15, 2012 6:51:36 PM

      Thank you Matthew, but

      is the  Wrong Reading and Negative configuration the right one for letterpress photopolymer?

      I know that I want wrong reding emulsion down negative for letterpress photopolymer, but does it mean that I have to film with the options Wrong reading and negative?

      Thank you in advance,

      Lola

      2012/4/15 matthew lamoureux <lamsland@...>

      It will all depend on what you have for a front end (RIP) for your imagesetter. When possible I prefer to set hot folder or profiles or printer settings or whatever your system allows to make the film in the orientation desired. In this fashion you don't need to check all the specific setting to get what you want each time.