13055Re: [PPLetterpress] Accuset setup

  • Mª Dolores Jiménez Mondragón
    Apr 15 2:03 PM

      Thank you Peter, I will!

      El 15/04/2012 21:09, "Peter Fraterdeus" <peterf@...> escribió:
      I've always heard "RREU" (staying on the right side ;-) Right Reading Emulsion Up) because, it's not 'wrong reading' it's just the image is flopped.

      I'd also make sure to run your PS file through Acrobat Distiller if possible, and then send the resulting PDF to the imagesetter. If there are problems in the Postscript that preflight will save wasting film...

      PF

      Peter Fraterdeus
      Exquisite letterpress takes time™
      http://slowprint.com/
      tweet: @slowprint

      IdeasWords : Idea Swords
      Communication Strategy
      Semiotx.com  @ideaswords

      In memory of my dear sister Kate Friedman
      Her amazing art  — http://katefriedman.com

      On 12 Apr 2012, at 2:23 PM, tinglado_letterpress wrote:

      > Dear list members,
      >
      > I would like to film several jobs (my first try) with an old Accuset (a lovely present from a friend), and I don't know exactly how to setup the job.
      >
      > I want to process photopolymer for letterpress, so I would like to get WRED (wrong reading emulsion down) negatives (am I right), but:
      >
      > What is the best way to obtain them?
      >
      > I design art with my favorite app (Ilustrator, Gimp, InkScape, ...). Obtain a 2.0 PS file. This file is right reading positive.
      >
      > But, what is better?
      >
      > 1) Configure accuset for printing Wrong Reading and Negative or
      >
      > 2) Send job from print setup dialog with Wrong reading / negative options selected.
      >
      > Thank you in advance an regards,
      >
      > Lola

      <*> Your email settings:
         Individual Email | Traditional