13052Re: [PPLetterpress] Accuset setup

  • matthew lamoureux
    Apr 15, 2012
      It will all depend on what you have for a front end (RIP) for your imagesetter. When possible I prefer to set hot folder or profiles or printer settings or whatever your system allows to make the film in the orientation desired. In this fashion you don't need to check all the specific setting to get what you want each time.

      From: tinglado_letterpress <doloresj3@...>;
      To: <PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com>;
      Subject: [PPLetterpress] Accuset setup
      Sent: Thu, Apr 12, 2012 7:23:00 PM

      Dear list members,

      I would like to film several jobs (my first try) with an old Accuset (a lovely present from a friend), and I don't know exactly how to setup the job.

      I want to process photopolymer for letterpress, so I would like to get WRED (wrong reading emulsion down) negatives (am I right), but:

      What is the best way to obtain them?

      I design art with my favorite app (Ilustrator, Gimp, InkScape, ...). Obtain a 2.0 PS file. This file is right reading positive.

      But, what is better?

      1) Configure accuset for printing Wrong Reading and Negative or

      2) Send job from print setup dialog with Wrong reading / negative options selected.

      Thank you in advance an regards,

      Lola

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic