12960Re: [PPLetterpress] film

  • Harold Kyle
    Feb 7, 2012
      Matte works better for photopolymer plates--the surface helps the vacuum between the film and the plate. I'm not sure what the amount would be for you, but I considered the additional cost money well spent (considering the cost of a poorly exposed photopolymer plate).

      On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 11:03 AM, letterpress_man <letterpress-man@...> wrote:

      I need to buy film for my ECRM VR36 imagesetter and was wondering what finish others were using. I have the option of matte finish at a higher cost or juat the regular gloss finish at a better price. My supplier said the flexo printers like the matte better so I was checking to see what others in the group were using.

      Thanks Rick

      Boxcar Press
      509 W. Fayette St. #135
      Syracuse, NY  13204