12816Re: [PPLetterpress] Vandercook question

  • Mike Dacey
    Sep 20, 2011
      Don't have a Universal but the three Vandercook presses I have in my studio all have a set screw and tapered pin. Tap harder!
      -----

      Mike Dacey

      Repeat Press
      Custom Letterpress Printing

      9 Olive Square
      Somerville, MA 02143
      617.299.0918

      www.repeatpress.com
      www.facebook.com/repeatpress
      @repeatpress

      On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 4:43 PM, rgraphix214 <deystad@...> wrote:

      I'm moving our Vandercook Universal III hand crank proofing press from one room to another. Need to remove the hand crank arm to get through a door.

      Removed the set screw, but there is a pin extending through the arm end I can't get out by tapping with a punch (we are tapping on the correct end, i.e., not the end with the rounded head).

      Before I really beat the hek out of it with a punch, I want to be sure it is a pin and not a threaded bolt of some kind. Just to be clear, it is where the crank attaches to the press (not the handle you grab to turn it).

      Thanks in advance

      Dick Eystad

    • Show all 63 messages in this topic