12739Re: [PPLetterpress] Vandercook bearings.

  • Mike Dacey
    Aug 3, 2011
      Interesting - the bearings on the SP20 are much bigger than skateboard bearings.

      Be warned that many skateboard bearings come with one side of the bearing exposed - they are meant to be used in pairs and the bearings are set into the wheels with the exposed sides facing each other, effectively sealed off from the elements. I would make sure that you're getting sealed bearings if using them on a press where both sides are exposed.
      -----

      Mike Dacey

      Repeat Press
      Custom Letterpress Printing

      9 Olive Square
      Somerville, MA 02143
      617.299.0918

      www.repeatpress.com
      www.facebook.com/repeatpress
      @repeatpress

      On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 2:51 PM, <nohogallery@...> wrote:

      Its the ball bearing for the form rollers.  The skateboard ones are made for abuse and smooth rides and cost a lot less.