12651Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Shelf Life for Photopolymer plates

  • Ed Inman
    Jun 18, 2011
      My response was to your direct quote, Gerald:

      "The old mantra was 'save your negs.' This is no longer valid. Very recent governmental regulations and changes in film chemistry have greatly reduced the longevity of film negatives. I see film negs going bad between six months to a year."

      I'll leave it to others to determine who is being "misleading," but I would maintain that if you are truly seeing your film negs "going bad between six months to a year" something is obviously being done wrong that has little to do with contemporary film chemistry or government regulations.

      Ed