12604Re: Specialized lists: [was: Reacquired my DX-A3]

  • Eric
    May 21 12:28 PM
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "bielerpr" <Bieler@...> wrote:

      > Still, active as the posting activity on LetPress is, no, they are in no way any longer in the majority in terms of membership. Sorry.

      Right. It just that volume of activity that keeps many busy printers away from both LetPress and BriarPress, though on LetPress the percentage of off-topic discussion is a big factor. 24 hours without a post there only happens when the server is down, and people will invariably send test posts. Not so here, and on other lists a week may pass without activity.
      Of the two dozen Universal platen owners I know, only three are active in any of the letterpress lists I follow. (Another dozen are owned by David Rose, whose "Colt's Armory Fans & Enthusiasts" doesn't seem to be anything more than a static webpage.) Unfortunately, I don't see any other way of encouraging dialogue among the target audience.
      -Eric Holub, SF
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic