12603Re: Specialized lists: [was: Reacquired my DX-A3]

  • bielerpr
    May 21, 2011
      Respondents:

      Well, yes, regarding LetPress. Re: Briar Press. Briar only lists folks who have once upon a time registered. They do not otherwise keep track of who is current. If LetPress (now at over 15 or 16 years old), did that they would be huge, as would PPL. Plus, you cannot remove yourself from Briar Press. Dead or Alive. You can from LetPress and PPL. That is the difference. And, of course, the Briar Press Discussion list is only a subset of Briar.

      Still, active as the posting activity on LetPress is, no, they are in no way any longer in the majority in terms of membership. Sorry.

      Not to say small isn't desirable. That was the initial intention of PPL, to stay focused on a small set of folks interested in high end letterpress digital typography. Things just changed in the letterpress/web world over the last decade, basically, the newer folks who were drawn to it, changed the parameters. We are what we are.

      So, the small discussion letterpress lists that Eric is responsible for, supports, etc., yeah, these can be pertinent, important, focused.

      Gerald
      PPL

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "bielerpr" <Bieler@...> wrote:

      > Eric
      >
      > Just a tiny point. PPLetterpress is actually a larger community than Letpress and has been for a few years. I actually clean out the list on a weekly basis. Letpress never does, there are not only dead email addresses on that list, there are dead folks, literally.
      >
      > Gerald
      > PPL

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic