12488Re: request for assistance

  • Eric
    Apr 1, 2011
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Susan MAKOV" <smakov@...> wrote:

      > I wondered if anyone was having problems obtaining high contrast film and developer these days.

      Sure. All my old suppliers have gone out of business, and manufacturers have been eliminating materials steadily. But at the moment I am using Pressline HD film (from Kelly paper) and long-life sigle-solution HD developer, with good results by tray development. It is not quite as good as hybrid film, which was a huge improvement over lith film and AB developer, but much better than RA film, which is not dense enough to use with photopolymer unless it is machine-processed.
      For really fine line work or tricky copy, I will shoot a thin neg for detail, then do a contact dupe for density.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic