12408Re: proofing ink source?

  • heytrollop
    Mar 1, 2011
      Hi,

      I'm selling, Ink in Tubes. We have a black rubber based ink. It's a 1/4 pound of ink in a tube for 11.50. I'll have to check your zip code to get a definite price for shipping, I'm guess it would be 5 bucks.

      and 10.95 worse case scenario if I ship it in a medium flat rate box.

      Let me know if you're interested. I've only got oil based in stock for immeditate shipping, but I'll be picking up more ink this week from Dave Robison (the ink in tubes guy).

      Best,
      Raven

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, dmm@... wrote:

      > After several months of "lurking," I finally have a question for
      > the list. Can anyone suggest a favorite brand of non-drying
      > proofing ink (black), and can anyone suggest a relatively economical
      > source for the same?
      >
      > In searching online, I found two brands, Harley and Mosstype.
      > I'm not sure how they differ. (I also found Charbonnel black
      > proofing ink, but it was considerably more expensive and seemed
      > directed to the printmaking community.)
      >
      > In looking for a source, I discovered that you could order directly
      > from Harley, but that an $18 bottle cost over $20 to ship. The only
      > other source I found (APR Flexo) had a $100 minimum order.
      > My needs are quite small - I just need a single tube of black
      > proofing ink.
      >
      > I'll actually be proofing from metal type with this, not PP,
      > but I'm asking the question here rather than LETPRESS because
      > the market for proofing inks today seems (from what I can tell)
      > to be in flexography/photopolymer.
      >
      > Thanks for any suggestions.
      >
      > Regards,
      > ===
      > Dr. David M. MacMillan * dmm@... * www.lemur.com & www.CircuitousRoot.com
      >
      > The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to save all the parts.
      > - Paul Ehrlich (1854-1915); Aldo Leopold

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic