12389Re: Making Negative for Photopolymer Plates

  • Eric
    Feb 25, 2011
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Rod" <granthams@...> wrote:

      > Sheet photopolymers are more light sensitive and have a such short exposure latitude that using negatives produced on a laser printer don't have enough density. However, we have excellent results with liquid photopolymers using negatives made a laser printer. We imprint wooden tokens on a C&P with dies made with liquid photopolymer.

      Is this because only some of the exposure is through the negative, and the rest through the back of the liquid? Or does the liquid have a different exposure latitude?
      What is your experience with shelf-life, both raw liquid and processed material? I have a processed sample of Merigraph liquid photopolymer that is still supple and it is over twenty years old (but never exposed to ink or solvent).
      Eric Holub, SF
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic