12303Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: TOK photopolymer plates

  • Claire Taylor
    Jan 20, 2011
      The plates we use in our shop are Miraclon DS 100. I don't know if it's by TOK brand on or not (I don't know if other brands sell Miraclon or not.) We purchase them from Gene Becker Photopolymer Plates, www.photopolymerplates.com. They also sell Rigilon plates.

      -Claire

      Claire Taylor
      Studio Coordinator
      Book Arts Program
      J. Willard Marriott Library
      University of Utah

      On Jan 20, 2011, at 9:26 AM, Harold Kyle wrote:

      There may be a patent issue that prohibits TOK CTP plates in the US. Does anyone know of TOK plates being sold in the US? Other brands, like BASF and Toyobo, are currently on the market, I believe. The plates are more expensive than conventional water wash plates and the equipment is rather costly as well (low six figures). But yeah, we can dream, right?

      Thanks
      Harold

      On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 8:28 AM, i_goonies <neroinferno@...> wrote:

      Here I've found something more:
      http://www.tok-pr.com/printingmaterials/products/letter_press_ctp/

      However the bigger part of the letterpress printers can't afford a CTP system.

      Fabio

      --
      ---
      Boxcar Press