12240Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Heidelberg 10x15 Windmill, cleaning the lubrication system issue.

  • erik spiekermann
    Dec 4, 2010
      On 03.12.2010, at 22:17, James wrote:

      > Hi,
      > You would be best off removing the entire inking unit - splitting it apart to get the chrome rollers out requires removing taper pins. The ink unit is actually fairly easy to remove. There is a bolt at each corner, two under the chase hook cover and two under the fountain. There are brass shims at each corner so watch for those.

      we took my press apart more than that and then tilted it upright to get it to the 3rd floor of my house in Berlin. I have a small Korrex 35x50cm (approx.14x20") which is the European equivalent of a Vandercook.

      See the video here:
      http://spiekermann.com/en/proofing-press-upstairs/