12181Re: Polimero A5 platemaker

  • Eric
    Nov 15, 2010
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "ductormanpaperboy" <ductormanpaperboy@...> wrote:

      > My plate maker brushes have seen better days and I am looking for somewhere I that I could send them to get refurbished. It is an A5 Polimero

      If the bristles are coming out, then new brushes are needed. But if the bristles are there but getting hard, you may be able to revive them. Soaking in vinegar may help; then use a brush-cleaning tool to break apart the clots. The tool is for cleaning paint brushes, and is simply some pointed pins set in a wooden handle, got mine at an Ace hardware store. Combing through the tufts separates the clumped bristles and dislodges bits of photopolymer.
      On the other hand, a whole new brush will be a huge improvement on your processing, and A5 shouldn't be that costly.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic