12149Re: Photopolymer Plate makers

  • bielerpr
    Nov 2, 2010
      Betsy

      If you are involved in bookwork I'd suggest going with a commercial processor like Boxcar or Elum. Buying a platemaking machine is quite an expensive outlay. If you are looking for inexpensive (alternative), note that this is labor intensive.

      There are listings in the Links section here for used processing machines and at least one file (Files) on how to construct your own—though I would not recommend doing so. You could just end up paying an awful lot for doing so plus ruined plates. Going to a commercial platemaker might save you money actually as they have to ensure the quality of the plate, each and every time.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "pencils52" <bholster@...> wrote:

      > Any information or suggestions regarding an inexpensive photopolymer plate maker would be appreciated. Primary use would be for (very!) limited edition artist books, not commercial jobs. Are there any plate makers that would be good to purchase used? Any and all information would be of help. Thanks in advance.
      >
      > Betsy

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic