Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

12052Re: Doctor blades & ladies in the pressroom

Expand Messages
  • Eric
    Sep 16, 2010
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "i_goonies" <neroinferno@...> wrote:
      > They seem a sort of screenprinting squeegees, right?

      Doctor blade is gravure terminology. Heidelberg calls it a "rubber cleaner" but any pressman would know it a washup blade. In this case it is a rubber blade on a metal backing. I doubt this would remove the ink cleanly from the cylinder during regular operation, but is intended to remove ink as suspended in solvent during washup. But being rubber, you can cut portions away and give it try.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic