11773Re: [PPLetterpress] Re:fine lines breaking up on press?!?

    Jun 11, 2010
      I'd agree 100% with Ben here.
      I switched to the thinner K95(?) quite a while ago for the same reason!

      Peter

      Slowprint.com / Semiotx.com
      google voice 1 563 223 8231

      From iPhone plz excuse brevity!

      On Jun 10, 2010, at 6:44 AM, Studio On Fire <levitz@...> wrote:

      The one thing that jumped out at me in your problem description for printing very fine details was two words: High Relief.

      We've battled with high relief material before only finding a solution in moving to a low relief material. You are battling trying to hold a fine detail high atop a thick subsurface. Decrease the height of that subsurface by moving to a thinner plate material and you gain some dimensional stability. You can still print low relief plate with your high relief base, just add a layer of press board behind your base to build up the height.

      Ben Levitz
      Studio On Fire
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic