11764Re:fine lines breaking up on press?!?

  • Studio On Fire
    Jun 10, 2010
      The one thing that jumped out at me in your problem description for printing very fine details was two words: High Relief.

      We've battled with high relief material before only finding a solution in moving to a low relief material. You are battling trying to hold a fine detail high atop a thick subsurface. Decrease the height of that subsurface by moving to a thinner plate material and you gain some dimensional stability. You can still print low relief plate with your high relief base, just add a layer of press board behind your base to build up the height.

      Ben Levitz
      Studio On Fire

      beastpieces.com // studioonfire.com

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic