11580Re: [PPLetterpress] re: Windmill losing impression strength?

  • Nicolas Goosen
    Apr 12, 2010
      That could be, especially if you've cut the wood around the die to fit
      in the chase and the edges aren't cut perfectly square, the quoins can
      lift it a bit. Maybe even your cutting rule wasn't properly knocked
      down into the wood.

      Nicolas

      On 12 Apr 2010, at 2:24 PM, Katelynn Corrigan wrote:

      > Hello Leora,
      >
      > This is completely normal. It's happened to me a hundered times and
      > I've never seen any evidence of damange to the shear collar
      > connected with it. Do not fret that your machine is breaking. I
      > believe this effect is caused by the die and or chase 'settling'-
      > especially if it's been locked up in such a way that the metal parts
      > of the die are not resting against the back of the press, the first
      > few impressions will push they back through the wood and you'll have
      > to make an impression adjustment. Just make a habit of staying with
      > the press while running a die cut, to check to see if you're still
      > cutting through periodically.
      >
      > Be well,
      >
      > -Katey
      >

      > The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts
      > with Hotmail. Get busy.

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic