11579re: Windmill losing impression strength?

  • Katelynn Corrigan
    Apr 12, 2010
      Hello Leora,

      This is completely normal. It's happened to me a hundered times and I've never seen any evidence of damange to the shear collar connected with it. Do not fret that your machine is breaking. I believe this effect is caused by the die and or chase 'settling'- especially if it's been locked up in such a way that the metal parts of the die are not resting against the back of the press, the first few impressions will push they back through the wood and you'll have to make an impression adjustment. Just make a habit of staying with the press while running a die cut, to check to see if you're still cutting through periodically.

      Be well,

      -Katey