11331Re: [PPLetterpress] OT: Print estimate software?

  • Bryan Hutcheson
    Jan 20, 2010
      most of the print estimating software is ridiculously expensive. We
      setup extensive worksheets in Filemaker Pro.

      If I were going to suggest taking a class, It would definitely be
      Filemaker. You can build just about anything that is database driven
      with calculations etc. It's intuitive and user-friendly. Two other
      pluses...1) the mac version is very robust, 2) it comes with a whole
      set of templates that can be easily rebuilt or modified to meet just
      about any user's requirements...including print.

      If you've done any kind of basic database work, you could probably
      skip taking a class and use Filemaker right out of the box. It has a
      drag-n-drop, graphic interface, much like using a basic version of

      bryan hutcheson
      - manifesto letterpress
      - industrie standard
      - holyoke fine papers