11326Re: OT: Print estimate software?

  • bielerpr
    Jan 20, 2010
      I'd agree, take the Excel class, it is the only accounting/financial software you can consistently trust, and I am not a fan of Microsoft (Word hasn't worked since I upgraded to OS X) and I do have a bit of an accounting background. I have tried alternatives to Excel and the results were catastrophic. You can't risk your financial or economic information. Excel doesn't have the bells and whistles and it may not be convenient in all cases, especially if you don't like building your own templates, but it is reliable, and documents going way back when are still readable. It is the standard and this is actually very important, especially, if you've ever been audited by the IRS, etc. They are not going to accept excuses you might attribute to program malfunctions because you no longer have the software to access to your old files, can't open them, or they are corrupt, etc. That is your problem, not theirs.