11322Re: [PPLetterpress] OT: Print estimate software?

    Jan 19, 2010
      On 19 Jan 2010, at 9:40 PM, Harold Kyle wrote:

      > Well whatever you decide, that Excel class is going to be money/time well
      > spent (and not only for estimating).

      I greatly prefer Quantrix over Excel.
      It's a symbolic spreadsheet... Makes so much more sense than excel, it's hard to get used to it ;-)

      I do all me estimatin' wid it.

      Of course, that doesn't seem to help with actually making money

      ;-)

      Also, if you don't already have Excel, be sure to get some version of OpenOffice for your preferred OS instead.
      NeoOffice for Mac OSX. This is the open-source 'office suite' - reads and writes all of the 'standard' (ie Msoft) files as well.

      Peter Fraterdeus
      Exquisite letterpress takes timeā„¢
      http://slowprint.com/

      IdeasWords : Idea Swords
      Communication Strategy
      Semiotx.com @ideaswords

      > I hope that helps!
      > Harold
      >
      > On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:46 PM, Katelynn Corrigan <
      > crazyprettybird@...> wrote:
      >

      >> An offtopic post, please, hold the gunfire.
      >>
      >> Does anyone recommend any print estimating software? I'm getting fed up
      >> with my current system (or lack of system, which mostly involves reading
      >> numbers off a spread sheet and entering them into another document and
      >> adding it up.) Or should I just take an Excel class and learn how to really
      >> use a spreadsheet? :)
      >>
      >> Thanks!
      >>
      >> -Katey
      >>
      > ---