11265Re: paper question

  • bielerpr
    Dec 15, 2009
      Hi Barb

      I recently printed on giclee, which is a high end ink jet process

      http://bielerpressv.blogspot.com/

      and it worked out very well. The giclee was very receptive, amazingly so. The initial experiments resulted in a very crisp rich black, with exacting detail and full coverage.

      The particulars of the piece linked to: printed damp on steel backed photopolymer plates on Somerset Vellum Photo Enhanced 505 gsm mouldmade paper. The paper itself likes a very sticky ink and a goodly impression. The ink was Graphic Chemical's Senefelders Litho Black, with transparent white as a base and a bit of a very old purple letterpress ink to enhance the background coloration of the giclee.

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, barb tetenbaum <btetenbaum@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > Inge Bruggeman of Textura Letterpress has been experimenting with just this issue: how to print both digital and letterpress on the same sheet and maintain the quality. So I'd contact her for advice. Otherwise I'll weigh in on my new fave paper for letterpress: Strathmore Drawing! I suspect the company changed the formula for this relatively cheap paper and it happens to print beautifully! Maybe there's less sizing in it now...? It's got a nice weight, too. -Barb

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic