11193Re: Lettra Printing Tips

  • Eric
    Nov 26, 2009
      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "bielerpr" <Bieler@...> wrote:

      > Um, brown ink is typically more difficult than most other inks colors to print! That is as weird as the press mechanic who told me that blue ink is the hardest color to clean off of a press! Superstitions and suspicions abound, but why?

      I seem to remember being told that brown was harder to run back in school in the 70s, and some greens as well. Maintaining consistant color over a long run, or in repeat runs, takes experience and a good inking system--not what you find on the average C&P. And thanks to color matching software, designers have come to expect absolute perfection, not the variations that were once considered completely normal.
      As for blue being more persistant, yes, reflex blue can take more cleaning, though not as much as violet and purple. You may not notice it on your two-rubber-roller Vandercook, but come do a wash for color on my Victoria platen, with seven 21" rubber rollers--as much rubber as my Heidleberg cylinder, but no washup blade--and you will notice the difference.
      --Eric Holub, SF
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic