11190Lettra Printing Tips

  • bielerpr
    Nov 25, 2009
      One of my clients sent me this (from Crane's website):

      Lettra Printing Tips
      Brown Ink
      Brown inks are typically more difficult than most other ink colors to print. The balance between good coverage and over inking is very delicate. One letterpress printer improved print results by "skip feeding" the project. He allowed two passes of the ink rollers between each printed impression.

      Um, brown ink is typically more difficult than most other inks colors to print! That is as weird as the press mechanic who told me that blue ink is the hardest color to clean off of a press! Superstitions and suspicions abound, but why?