11117RE: [PPLetterpress] Re: Cross Posted: LETPRESS Outage......

  • Lance Williams
    Oct 31, 2009
      Yeah,

      I did my best to stay out of the discussions, but couldn't resist a couple
      comments later in the evening just before the lock down.... Hopefully
      someone at UNB will get things fixed ASAP. Here is the latest message I
      got back from the ListServ when trying to post a message:

      "The distribution of your message dated Thu, 29 Oct 2009 23:00:35 -0400 with
      subject "Daily Message Limit Hit for LETPRESS (125 messages/day)" has been
      postponed because the LETPRESS list is held. No action is required from you.
      Your message will be reprocessed automatically once the list owner releases
      the list."

      The archives are still up and running, so anyone who wants to see what all
      the hub-bub was about that closed down the LETPRESS list, check out the
      archives at: https://listserv.unb.ca/archives/letpress.html (You do need to
      register for the list and log in to view, however).

      - Lance Williams
      Williams Stationery Co.
      Camden, New York
      APA #785

      co-intwined discussions. Reaching the absolute heights of stupidity, very
      engaging. I entered the fray late, sorry to hear later responses will be
      sent out :�)

      > Gerald
      >
      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Lance Williams" <lwwill7999@...>
      wrote:

      > > For those of you interested, and don't already know the cause:
      > >
      > > The LETPRESS list was locked down late Thursday due to excessive
      message traffic. A lively discussion on copyright law pushed the list over
      the 125 per day message limit, and it went into some sort of a lock down.
      From what I have been able to determine, someone at the University of New
      Brunswick (host site for LETPRESS) needs to release the list so it start
      functioning again. All messages that have been sent and not distributed
      should be sent out at that time.

      > > I have sent two email messages to Terry Oakes, who is the "list owner",
      but have not received a response as of yet. (Terry can be a little hard to
      get ahold of at times.) I also just left an email message with the IT
      department at UNB, so hopefully someone there will be able to reset things
      and get the list restarted (hopefully before Monday...)