11104Cross Posted: LETPRESS Outage......

  • Lance Williams
    Oct 30, 2009
      For those of you interested, and don't already know the cause:

      The LETPRESS list was locked down late Thursday due to excessive message traffic. A lively discussion on copyright law pushed the list over the 125 per day message limit, and it went into some sort of a lock down. From what I have been able to determine, someone at the University of New Brunswick (host site for LETPRESS) needs to release the list so it start functioning again. All messages that have been sent and not distributed should be sent out at that time.

      I have sent two email messages to Terry Oakes, who is the "list owner", but have not received a response as of yet. (Terry can be a little hard to get ahold of at times.) I also just left an email message with the IT department at UNB, so hopefully someone there will be able to reset things and get the list restarted (hopefully before Monday...)

      - Lance Williams
      Williams Stationery Co.
      Camden, New York
      APA #785