      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      From: scott@...
      Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 20:28:19 -0700
      Subject: Re: [PPLetterpress] Run length of Polymer plates

      I can't give you a run number, but there's one plate I've used over
      three years at probably 10,000 impressions, more or less.

      I could be off by a couple thousand.

      They should not wear out from age unless you are in high humidity.
      When I first got started with polymers I had a batch that kept
      disintegrating. For one thing, I didn't know back then that they were
      water etched, being accustomed to metal plates. For another thing, I
      didn't notice that they were on a table inches from an old brick wall
      which the rain came down. The plates were getting bombarded with tiny
      splatters at night when I wasn't there.

      --Scott