11043RE: [PPLetterpress] photopolymer plate newbie

  • Claire Gendron
    Sep 17, 2009
      This is my first post to this group.

      I've used illustrator and photoshop quite a bit and just bought a pilot and
      am really excited about creating my own designs.

      I know how to use the adobe programs but I don't know what resolution
      settings/types of images are best to use to create plates. Are line images
      best? Can varying gray scales be reproduced? Also, would a deep relief base
      be better than a regular base? Why do they recommend a smaller base than
      the printer's chase size?

      Any information would be appreciated as I don't have any other source of
      information, have never used a press, and have yet to have successfully
      goaded my significant other into setting up my pilot : (

      Thanks!

      _____