11015Re: Metal type updated - duty

  • interrobangletterpress
    Sep 1, 2009
      As a point of reference: I've not paid duty on type imported from Europe.

      The four sizes of Gladiola I recently purchased from Stempel showed up via DHL in two heavy chipboard boxes. Two sizes of Juliet Script arrived 12 years ago via post in a small, heavy wooden crate packed with excelsior.

      The five fonts sent stateside of a custom casting of 10 fonts of 36pt Columna from Bauer needed to be picked up in two large boxes from customs at Logan Airport and after signing my name to the various forms, I walked out with duty free type then as well. The balance of the five fonts were drop-shipped from Barcelona to the five subscribers who help facilitate the casting by placing a deposit. I don't know if any of them were charged a duty, though I suspect not.