10992Re: Metal type updated

    Aug 9 11:23 PM
      Makes sense. I recall one of the early, significant American type foundries did make an official complaint to the government about a duty on bismuth (I have a copy somewhere), wherein they cited restrictions as detrimental to purpose and commerce. Somewhat interesting to me as I assumed that antimony had replaced bismuth as an essential in type casting by the early 16th century.