10967Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Digital as a Means to an End...

  • Austin Jones
    Aug 1, 2009
      I really have to disagree with you on this one. There have always been
      artists and buyers interested in the process. There are buyers who are only
      interested in getting something CHEAP. There have always been producers
      willing to give it to them. Just because there has always been a market for
      and producers willing to provide the cheap product, does not mean there is
      no market for the product which strives to maintain the process.

      As long as the producer is not attempting to mislead the buyer with the
      product I have no problem. However, when there is an attempt to promote a
      product as something other than what it really is, I am prone to speak up.

      So, I am saying that I handset miniature books, broadsides, and historical
      reprints because there are people out there who can appreciate the
      difference in the product. If you don't want to do that, fine. But don't try
      to convince yourself or others that no one cares.

      tks

      Austin Jones
      prints by AJ
      austin@...