      From: Nancy Hill <itstheheat1@...>
      To: PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:05:12 AM
      Subject: FW: [PPLetterpress] rusty trucks

      Sorry - I was not clear. These trucks have been on a shelf for a couple
      years - the guy who sold us the press gave them to us (He had adjustable
      trucks on the press). I want to put hem on the press now. but there is
      surface rust. If I put oil on the trucks they will not work right will
      they? I am in AZ - NO humidity.

      Are you saying that non-oiled exposed steel or cast iron surfaces are
      getting rusty quickly, or are you just having a problem with the trucks? You
      definately don't want to build rust between the rails and the trucks when
      the press is not in use, which could pit both surfaces. In this case you
      should consider getting at least some oil on these surfaces or a rust
      inhibitor. If just the trucks are problematic you could switch to Delrin (a
      type of plastic) trucks which NA Graphics sells. Is there anyway for you to
      reduce humidity in your shop? I'm in a basement and I run a dehumidifier
      constantly, but it is a struggle due to temperature.

      From: Nancy Hill <itstheheat1@ cox.net <mailto:itstheheat1 %40cox.net>