10812Re: [PPLetterpress] Re: Letterpress Economy Informal Poll

  • Matt Kelsey
    May 13, 2009
      Going back to the topic of the original post, I have found that wedding
      invitation orders have slowed considerably, but business card orders are way
      up - even though I have done nothing to promote that line of business.
      Probably a sign of the freelance or "gig" economy; everyone who has been
      laid off is having trouble finding jobs. Companies don't want to add
      permanent employees, but they do need to get things done on a contract
      basis. So the jobless professionals are looking for ways to land those
      freelance gigs on their own, and they need something to stand out from the
      crowd, like a nice letterpress business card.

      Let's not even get into the business card Youtube videos...

      Matt