10806Re: Letterpress Economy Informal Poll

  • David Goodrich
    May 10, 2009
      Bryce,
      You left out a key point in the story. The printer had paid a tourist's
      visit to the U.S. Mint and purchased a souvenir sheet of about a dozen $20
      bills, printed on one side. He had this pinned up in his shop along with
      the sign, "We make money the old-fashioned way . . . we print it." The
      person whom I first heard the story from swears it's true.
      David