10406Re: First Impressions

  • shapoffm
    Feb 2, 2009
      In This case of my logo, I used Standard Engraving for zinc
      engravings. The Art is a vector file from illustrator. It was sent to
      Standard via email and was made on 11 point zinc (it's about 1/8"
      thick) they are deep enough to pound the image in with the press.

      I was also advised i can also heat up the zinc and brand stuff with it.

      http://www.standardengraving.com/

      1134 W. Main St.
      Oklahoma City, OK 73106-7847

      --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Johanson" <wd4nka@...> wrote:

      > Aye, a bonnie thought indeed.
      >
      > I'm running a bit slack in the line art department as far as
      > the Pearl goes. I see lot's of great cuts being used for the
      > No. 3, probably original cuts. But I never seem to find a
      > suitable image that would convert very readily into vector line
      > art to have made into a plate. I'd really like to get one, tho.
      >
      > I've shot a few photos and ran them thru photoshop processors
      > to come up with a high contrast line image that looks at least
      > less than contemporary, but was never really satisfied. I'll
      > best take a day off, and sit down at the drawing board with
      > bristol board and india, and simply sketch out the press and
      > use cross hatch shading or maybe a stipple inkover rendering,
      > and send the artwork off and have a neg shot at 50 and 25%
      > reduction on lithofilm & have somebody like Owosso etch directly
      > from the negs. Man, not much chance of that happening before
      > April, tho.
      >
      > Or maybe I'll find a king zinc cut of the Pearl on eBay! That
      > would be great.
      >
      > Hmm, rollers & trucks would be good, too, huh?
      >
      > -gary
      >
      > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "shapoffm" <shapoffm@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yes intentional would be the word for it, the video is made of 6
      > frames
      > > per second stills shoot at camera RAW. The next time i get on
      > press i
      > > will shoot real 30 fps video, but i simply could only carry so much
      > > with me on that 1st trip to set up the press.
      > >
      > > Wouldn't it be fun to circulate a 100th anniversary card for the
      > pearl
      > > and provide it in such a way that other Pearl owners could make
      > plates
      > > from it and print it too. Maybe we could collect specimens from
      > many
      > > Pearls around the world :)
      > >
      > > m@t
      > >

      > > --- In PPLetterpress@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Johanson" <wd4nka@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Great presses, those No. 3s. Mine was mfg. in April of 1909, so
      > it's
      > > > coming up on it's 100th Birthday. I'll have to print a birthday
      > card
      > > > for it. :>)
      > > >
      > > > Video was very jumpy, it seemed not to track very smoothly. Is it
      > > > supposed to be like that or is it a glitch? It seems to jump
      > time.
      > > > Good to see the old gals in operation!
      > > >
      > > > -gary

      > > quick
      > > > v=1wF4u5w4z_Y&feature=channel_page&fmt=18

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic